- A working microphone or headset is required for live webinars. Headsets are strongly encouraged to reduce echo.
- Courses require Internet access. Live webinars work best with high-speed Internet.
- Students may log into their courses and live webinars on devices with Internet access such as PCs, Macs, Chromebooks, Microsoft Surface Pros, tablets, and smartphones using a supported browser. We recommend using Google Chrome™ for the best experience in the live webinars.
- Live webinars require compatibility with browser-based BlackBoard Collaborate Ultra. Visit Athena's Sample Webinar Room to get a feel for our system (best viewed in Chrome™). During a live webinar, course content will be displayed in the main section of the webinar screen. We use audio and text-chat during our webinars (not video) to keep the focus on the content of the lesson.
- Athena's website and live webinars are compatible with most tablets and smartphones. To attend live webinars on a tablet or smartphone, students must install the free BbStudent app. On their smartphone or tablet, students log into their course at Athena's, then click on the live webinar link to launch the BbStudent app.
- Students are asked to go through Required Introductory Activities before the start of our courses to acclimate to the system and configure their computers, tablets, and smartphones.
- If you require assistance with the webinar system, please contact Blackboard Technical Support toll free in North America: 1 (877) 382-2293 or refer to their online technical support webpage for chat support, email support, and international phone numbers.
- In addition, some web tools at Athena's have additional plug-in requirements, such as Flash, Java, or Quicktime.
Last modified: Saturday, 30 July 2016, 4:34 PM