Athena's is an online organization that offers and provides upper elementary to high school courses to a community of gifted learners. Athena's collects and securely stores participants' personal information (described below) through the Athena's website and online services directly from children and parents. Athena’s Advanced Academy is hosted in the United States.
Athena's Advanced Academy, LLC, PO Box 577892, Modesto, CA 95357 Phone: (513) GIFTED3 -or- (513) 443-8333 Email: Info@AthenasAcademy.com
Personal Information Collected by Athena’s Advanced Academy
Athena’s collects information such as first and last names, year of birth, gender, postal addresses, and email addresses ("personal information"), when voluntarily submitted by adults, parents, or legal guardians. Athena’s collects information directly and voluntarily from its students that may contain personal or identifying information such as assignment submissions, photographs, audio files, or video files when participating in the Services. We receive and securely store any information that parents or students choose to enter through Athena’s, including any submissions that Users make or provide on or through Athena’s.
Any User that would like to participate in the services at Athena’s ("Services") must register with AthenasAcademy.com. If the User is under 18 years of age, a parent or a legal guardian of that User must first register at AthenasAcademy.com for the User. If payment is required for the Services, method of payment, including your billing address, will be collected by a third-party service such as PayPal. When Users participate in the Services, AthenasAcademy.com will automatically collect information about your patterns of usage, IP address, browser type, order history, participation in promotions, session data, access times, and other information relating to usage, choices, and preferences. Athena's uses this information to maintain operations and service quality.
How Athena’s will Use the Information Collected from You:
- Name: The User’s name, pseudonym, or username will be used to customize the User's participation in the Services. In addition, Athena’s may send information to the User at the mailing address provided.
- Email Address: Email addresses are used mainly for communication between students, parents, and instructors as well as for setting up a private profile for each User. We may use the email address as an additional means of communicating with Users about Athena’s, including through our newsletter.
- Date of Birth: If provided, we will use a User's age to improve the Services. Such information will be combined with other Users’ information in an anonymous manner and will not include any information that could be used to identify a specific User.
- Gender: We will use a User's gender to personalize the Services' experience and improve the Services.
- Mailing Address: If provided, a User's mailing address may be used to allow Athena’s to mail material related to Athena’s.
- Other Uses of Personal Information: Other uses that Athena’s may have for the personal information may include: If required by law and as may be required by Athena’s third-party educational service such as Athena’s webinar provider.
Opting-Out of Providing the Requested Information
The information we request from the User is required for the User to participate in the Services unless noted. At any time, the User may revoke the consent to participate in Athena’s Services or refuse to allow Athena’s to further collect the User’s personal information. Prior User information will be kept secure. No new information will be collected. If the User does any of the foregoing, the User will not be able to participate in the Services or the Services will be limited.
Reviewing and Changing Your Information
The User may review and modify profile information or information submitted while participating in the Services at any time by accessing AthenasAcademy.com with the User’s password.
Protecting Your Information
No data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure the ultimate security of any information the User transmits to us. As such, the User, does so at his/her own risk. Athena’s has multiple security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of information under our control. Information will be kept indefinitely. We encourage Users to be diligent and proactive about Internet security.
The User and Third Parties
Children's Online Privacy Protection Act
We are committed to providing appropriate content to our Users. The content on AthenasAcademy.com is appropriate for general audiences unless otherwise noted. Our Services provide links to external Web sites and resources that are not maintained by Athena’s. The external resource links, including videos, are reviewed for appropriateness before being linked to Athena’s. However, content on Web sites changes. Athena’s encourages parents and legal guardians to preview third-party content. Athena’s is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of these Web sites and resources.